Your privacy is important to us. The Water Utility Climate Alliance does not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing this information is voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website. If you have questions about the WUCA website, please contact us.
Information Collected Automatically
Like most Internet sites, the WUCA website automatically collects standard information during your visit to our website. We currently use Google Analytics to perform web measurement and analytics. The information it collects is used to compile statistics about our website and measure site activity so that we may update the website to better meet users' needs and interests. The information we collect includes:
- Date and time you visited our site
- Pages you visited while on our site
- If you navigate to our site by clicking a link and the location of that link
- The Internet Service Provider you use to connect to our site
- The Internet Protocol address from which you access our site
Personal Information Collection and Use
WUCA does not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it while filling out a form or submitting a question.
- Email you send to us: If you send us an email via a Contact or other form, you may be sending us personal information (i.e., your name, address, e-mail address, etc.). We may use this information to respond to the request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your email.
- Cookies: We use "cookies" to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information. A cookie is a text file that is placed in your computer or device to store your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies, if you so choose. If you do decline cookies, you may not be able to use interactive features on this website.
WUCA stores any personal information you share with us in a protected database and will not sell this information.
Information collected through this website that indicates a threat of harm to people, property or systems, or a violation of law, may be shared with law enforcement and used in connection with a criminal investigation, prosecution or other legal proceedings.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may link to other websites. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. We are providing these links as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that site.
We use 256-bit strong-encryption transport layer security software that encrypts the information you send to us when we provide a secure connection. Still, it is important that you protect your password and other personal information to prevent unauthorized individuals from using it online. Although we attempt to maintain the security of this site and the information you provide to us, please be aware that no security system is completely impenetrable.
We make every effort to provide the most timely, accurate information. However, technical difficulties or human error may occur. We caution you to check or verify facts you use to make decisions that affect public safety, personal finances or business finances. The information on this site is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. You are responsible for any conclusions or actions you undertake as a result of the information on this site.
Copyright and Trademarks
Information on this website, unless otherwise indicated, is available for personal, noncommercial use by the general public under the Fair Use doctrine of the United States copyright law. You may link to, copy and share information and materials on our website as permitted by law. We would appreciate referencing WUCA as the source of the information.
Our website contains copyrighted images or other information that has been purchased from stock photo companies and individuals who hold the intellectual rights to these materials. If you wish to use an image on our website, please contact us to confirm whether you need to seek permission directly from the owner. If you have any questions about copyrighted information and trademarks, please contact us.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy policies or other areas of our site, please contact us.